STEMPlus Training Courses: Gaining Certified Approval
To apply for STEMPlus training course certification, the following project details are required:
- The courses and training units must be certified by the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research, and Innovation (MHESI);
- The training courses recommended by the ministry have the potential of being courses using the principle of “Upskill & Reskill,” for the benefit of business establishments that are in need of a high-performance workforce development platform, which is in line with the investments and expectations of the manufacturing and service sectors (based on a cooperation platform with the Board of Investment of Thailand (BOI));
- Entrepreneurs who send employees to certified training courses may apply for a 250% income tax exemption on the training cost.
Eligible organizations that may apply for certification of training courses
- Educational institutes;
- Research institutes or government agencies;
- Company or juristic partnership with an internal training unit;
- Company or juristic partnership with the purpose of organizing training or personnel development.
- The course aligns with the future skills set or skill requirements that the Board of Directors considers to be in line with the target industry group;
- The course content is consistent with the learning outcomes desired by target industries, with teaching and learning management that promote adequate training and evaluation of abilities or learning outcomes;
- Lecturers comply with the curriculum, and their personal information (e.g., qualifications and the like) is allowed to be imported into the application process for certification of training courses.
Steps for approval of STEMPlus training course certification
- Submit and register an application for certification of training courses through the website www.stemplus.or.th, and choose a course certification service;
- Fill in the applicant and course information, such as course name, training period, registration fee, and training format;
- Attach a photocopy of the agency establishment and a copy of the curriculum vitae, such as course description, topic, course plan, teaching materials or schedule, and lecturer history;
- Wait for the procedure to be carried out.
- The Secretariat of the Board of Directors collects information and requests for certification of training courses; it then proposes them to experts for comments, and considers, moderates, and produces information regarding requests for certification, and then proposes courses to the Board of Directors for certification.
- After the Board of Directors has considered the training course certification request, an email will be sent within 30 days to remind the applicant to check the results. The applicant may download the certificate from the information system. The Secretariat of the Board of Directors will publish the names of certified training courses through the website.
Source: Office of National Higher Education Science Research and Innovation Policy Council (National Science and Technology Development Agency), 319 Chamchuri Square Building, 14th Floor, Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel. +66 2109 5432
For more information